Please note that this is not an EPV-Approved Summer Course – please click HERE for our EPV-Approved Summer Courses.
Who is this course for?
You are a teacher who wants to create an inclusive classroom that celebrates and represents diversity.
You are a teacher who would like a better understanding of how to work effectively with students from diverse backgrounds.
You are a teacher who wants to gain confidence and competence in your knowledge of multiculturalism and LGBTQ+.
You are a teacher who wants all of your students to feel safe in your classroom.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Know how to ensure all students in your class feel represented and included, instead of worrying about whether you are doing enough.
- Have clear, practical guidance on making classroom practice more inclusive, instead of scrawling the internet for ideas.
- Know and understand your role in supporting students who are or feel ‘different’ from their peers, instead of using quick-fixes and tick-box activities to bridge the gap.
- Have confidence in your ability to broach topics around cultures, religion, gender and sexual orientation, instead of worrying that you will say the wrong thing or offend anyone.
- Feel empowered to take the next step in your journey to becoming an inclusive practitioner, instead of feeling unsure of what to do next or how you can make a difference.
- Be able to support colleagues with inclusive ideas and know-how for their classroom, instead of being unable to help or offer suggestions.
Why have you created this course?
With the support of Ciara Lynch, we created this course because we want to support you in creating an inclusive classroom environment that helps to make all your students feel comfortable.
We have made this CPD course free of charge because we want as many teachers as possible to take it. The creation of this course was supported by Rahoo’s Pay It Forward Policy.
We are passionate about professional development for teachers and have worked with over 5,000 teachers since 2017. As a teacher, you are the most important person in the classroom – you make the greatest impact on the students in front of you.
We designed this online CPD course to build your confidence in what can be a sensitive topic. And guess what… It doesn’t have to be!
Diversity & Inclusion in the Classroom is 2 hours and 30 minutes in duration. This CPD course has 5 sections:
- Real People, Real Stories
- Diversity & Multiculturalism (including LGBTQ+, Black Lives Matter & Religious Matters)
- Creating an Inclusive Classroom (including texts, communication, SESE, RE, displays and resources)
This online CPD course provides you with an opportunity to self-reflect on your current practice and make an action plan to develop an inclusive classroom. There are opportunities to collaborate and learn from peers and share ideas with one another in a safe space.
Also included are downloadable resource list and guidelines to refer to.
This course is certified and upon successful course completion you can download your CPD Certificate.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this online CPD course.
Feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions you would like to ask. We love hearing from you and will do all that we can to support you!
- LO's 0
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 2 hours & 30 minutes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes