ICT Taster for Teachers
ICT Taster for Teachers CPD course for teachers is designed by Claire Daly, an award-winning ICT expert in education. Claire’s passion for ICT led her to complete a Masters degree in Trinity College titled ‘Technology and Learning’. In 2017, she was awarded the inaugural ‘Bianca Ní Ghrógain’ award from the Computers in Education Society of Ireland which recognised her innovation in classroom practices. Since 2015, she has worked with CPD College as a course facilitator. Most recently, she was employed by Hibernia College as an ICT tutor and with Rahoo has a course author and professional tutor.
This online course is for teachers who know how to use a computer and are confident in basic ICT skills, but don’t consider themselves tech-savvy (for example, can use ICT in teaching but are not great with apps, coding etc.). It is designed to help them get started.
This course has been divided into 3 main parts:
- Essential IT – tools that you need to know about.
- Creating Content – showcasing projects and work in new ways.
- Your Technology Toolkit – a smorgasbord of ideas for integrating technology in the classroom.
All teachers are welcome on this CPD course. Feedback from teachers who have undertaken this online course say that it would suit those in the classroom for many years as well as support new and student teacher’s needs.
This course takes 2.5 hours including the practical activities, called “Challenges” within it.
Learning Objectives for ICT Taster for Teachers:
- To increase your awareness of essential IT.
- To learn how to create content by showcasing projects and work in new ways.
- To develop your own Technology Toolkit to support the integration of technology in the classroom.
- LO's 3
- Quizzes 0
- Online Hours 2.5
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes