Fostering Emotional Resilience, Harmony & Awareness in the Classroom
Rahoo has facilitated CPD Course for primary and post-primary teachers in schools and education centres across Ireland, and digitally in 2018 and 2019. Feedback has been extremely positive.
“Excellent course and really user friendly. Well done Rahoo, lots of practical ideas to implement into the classroom. Thoroughly enjoyed this course and think it was very relevant to schools today from a variety of perspectives. Would highly recommend”!
Participant, July 2019
Fostering Emotional Resilience, Harmony & Awareness in the Classroom online CPD course for teachers emphasizes that “prevention is better than cure” and that through building emotional resilience and emotional awareness, we can nurture good mental and emotional health in our young people. Through supporting teachers create positive learning environments and hone their skills in this area, we can make a positive impact on student classroom experience and learning outcomes.
The CPD Summer Course aims to lead to better quality teaching and learning, through the establishment of positive classroom environments and supporting teachers and students develop the capacity for emotional and mental fitness and self-care. This EPV course is delivered in a practical, solution-focused, participant-led manner; and models effective teaching and learning strategies, which can then be used in the classroom.
As well as being hugely beneficial to working practice, this CPD Summer Course promises to be an enjoyable online course to undertake. This online course has been approved for EPV Days for primary teachers.
Fostering Emotional Resilience, Harmony & Awareness in the Classroom course aims are to:
- learn a new range of tools which can be used personally and implemented in the classroom.
- understand the value of mental health education.
- explore how to engage children to learn about their mental well-being using active learning methods.
- learn about resilience and its importance in lifelong coping skills.
- discover how to encourage children to moderate their feelings, e.g. anger, fear.
- understand mindfulness and how to implement it effectively into the classroom and everyday life.
- use the skills gained on this course to complement the SPHE curriculum and promote positive behavior in the school as per SSE 2016-2020.
Ultimately, the aim of this CPD Summer Course is to support teachers to become more effective classroom practitioners and support their classes in becoming more effective learners through embedding positive mental and emotional health strategies within teaching and learning.
Successful completion of this CPD Summer Course for Teachers will result in the receipt of an EPV Certificate.
FERH Course Learning Objectives
- To gain an understanding of psychological theory and how it can influence classroom practice.
- To assess current practice.
- To acquire the skills to develop a positive learning environment.
- To acquire the skills to enrich the classroom environment with an aim to providing a calm safe space zone for teacher and student.
- To acquire the skills to effectively challenge and modify negative behaviours.
- To understand the value of mental health education and self-care for students and teachers.
- LO's 7
- Quizzes 0
- Online Hours 10
- Offline Hours 10
- EPV Approved Yes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes