Fostering Emotional Resilience, Harmony & Awareness in the Classroom
Fostering Emotional Resilience, Harmony & Awareness in the Classroom Summer Course 2020
Online Summer Course Dates
Group 1: 1st – 17th July (FULL)
Group 2: 20th July – 5th August
Group 3: 10th – 21st August
Summer Courses must be completed within the dates specified.
Online Summer Course Duration
All Rahoo Summer Courses are 10 Hours Online Learning & 10 Hours Self-Verified Offline Learning.
All Rahoo Summer Courses are approved for 3 – 5 EPV Days by the Department of Education & Skills. Successful completion of this CPD Summer Course for Teachers will result in the receipt of an EPV Certificate. Summer Courses are facilitated by a team of Professional Tutors and Summer Course Director.
I enjoyed the course because it highlighted the importance of self-care and resilience for the teacher as well as the child. The positive feedback also encouraged greater confidence among the participants.
Madeline Carey, 2019
Summer Course Description
This EPV course emphasizes that “prevention is better than cure” and that through building emotional resilience and emotional awareness, we can nurture good mental and emotional health in our young people. Through supporting teachers create positive learning environments and hone their skills in this area, we can make a positive impact on student classroom experience and learning outcomes.
The CPD Summer Course aims to lead to better quality teaching and learning, through the establishment of positive classroom environments and supporting teachers and students develop the capacity for emotional and mental fitness and self-care.
This EPV course is delivered in a practical, solution-focused, participant-led manner; and models effective teaching and learning strategies, which can then be used in the classroom.
Module 1 Introduction
- To gain an understanding of psychological theory and how it can influence classroom practice.
- To assess current practice.
Module 2 Positive Learning Environment
- To acquire the skills to develop a positive learning environment.
Module 3 Resilience & Mindfulness in the Classroom
- To acquire the skills to enrich the classroom environment with an aim to providing a calm safe space zone for teacher and student.
Module 4 Challenging Behaviour in the Classroom
- To acquire the skills to effectively challenge and modify negative behaviours.
Module 5 Self-Care
- To understand the value of mental health education and self-care for students and teachers.
Take a look at our CPD Summer Course menu HERE.
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQ’s HERE.
* We offer competitive rates for school groups of 10 or more teachers – please get in touch for more information*
- LO's 7
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 20
- EPV Days Approved
- Tutor Support Yes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes