Everyday Lesson Planning
Everyday Lesson Planning
Summer Course 2020
Online Summer Course Dates
Group 1: 1st – 17th July
Group 2: 20th July – 5th August
Group 3: 10th – 21st August
Summer Courses must be completed within the dates specified.
Online Summer Course Duration
All Rahoo Summer Courses are 10 Hours Online Learning & 10 Hours Self-Verified Offline Learning.
All Rahoo Summer Courses are approved for 3 – 5 EPV Days by the Department of Education & Skills. Successful completion of this CPD Summer Course for Teachers will result in the receipt of an EPV Certificate. Summer Courses are facilitated by a team of Professional Tutors and Summer Course Director.
“Excellent course and will gladly complete another course with Rahoo”.
Ciara, July 2019.
Summer Course Description
This Summer Course explores key elements of effective everyday lesson planning. It covers the topics of sharing learning objectives and success criteria, active learning and creating memorable learning experiences, consolidation of learning and assessment.
We introduce the 4-step KISS lesson planning model as a strategy for everyday lesson planning.
This course is delivered in a practical, solution-focused, participant-led manner; and models effective innovative and inclusive teaching and learning strategies, which can then be used in the classroom.
Participants are given the opportunity to reflect on their practice and implement positive changes during the course.
Module 1 Introduction
- Where am I? We self-assess our practice using a baseline test, informed by SSE.
- What is current evidence-based best practice? We explore theory of assessment practices and the value of different methodologies.
Module 2 Key Questions or Objectives
- What is the role of key questions and objectives in lessons?
- How can embedding success criteria within our practice can help us to support student learning?
Module 3 Information
- How do we present new information to our students?
Module 4 Search for Meaning
- How can we plan opportunities where students can collaborate and make sense of the information?
Module 5 Search for Understanding
- How can we plan appropriate assessment opportunities within every day lessons to check student understanding?
Take a look at our CPD Summer Course menu HERE.
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQ’s HERE.
* We offer competitive rates for school groups of 10 or more teachers – please get in touch for more information*
- LO's 7
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 20
- EPV Days Approved
- Tutor Support Yes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes