Last year was my first Summer working as a Rahooley, (Summer Course Tutor with Rahoo).
It was an experience that I really, really enjoyed.
The Fostering Emotional Resilience and Harmony Course was a super course to be part of and one which steered away from the more traditional Literacy and Numeracy to the more holistic.
I made it a priority to connect with all participants from the get go and there after offering constructive feedback on their work!!
While there was a bit of admin work involved in the role, I really enjoyed the challenge and I look forward to being part of things again in Summer 2020!!!
Tips for completing your summer course successfully:
- Try to choose a topic that is of genuine interest to you!!
- Also, choose a topic that will be genuinely beneficial to you in your setting for the new school year.
- Make the most of the experience, interact with the other participants. I can guarantee, that by engaging with others (participants and tutor), you’ll get a lot more out of it!
- Try not to cram modules into too tight a time-frame!!!
- Download the notes and take note of links, especially TED talks etc!
- Try not to leave things until the last minute!!!
- Interact with your tutor, if links etc aren’t working, flag it to them. And don’t be afraid to query anything!!!