Effective Lesson Planning
Everyday Lesson Planning
10 Hour Course
Please note that this is not an EPV-Approved Summer Course – please click HERE for our EPV-Approved Summer Courses.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I felt Rahoo treated me as an adult and a participant in my own learning. I liked the way working on your own plans for the offline time was encouraged. The KISS strategy is excellent and I had never heard of it before now.
I will definitely be using it from now on and at all levels!
I thoroughly recommend this course. It would be great for all teachers: NQT’s and experienced. The KISS methodology is great and suitable for use across the whole primary school. I will be doing Rahoo courses again”.
Aimee Flynn, July 2020.
This CPD Course explores key elements of effective everyday lesson planning. It covers the topics of sharing learning objectives and success criteria, active learning and creating memorable learning experiences, consolidation of learning and assessment.
We introduce the 4-step KISS lesson planning model as a strategy for everyday lesson planning.
This course is delivered in a practical, solution-focused, participant-led manner; and models effective innovative and inclusive teaching and learning strategies, which can then be used in the classroom.
Participants are given the opportunity to reflect on their practice and implement positive changes during the course.
Module 1 Introduction
- Where am I? We self-assess our practice using a baseline test, informed by SSE.
- What is current evidence-based best practice? We explore theory of assessment practices and the value of different methodologies.
Module 2 Key Questions or Objectives
- What is the role of key questions and objectives in lessons?
- How can embedding success criteria within our practice can help us to support student learning?
Module 3 Information
- How do we present new information to our students?
Module 4 Search for Meaning
- How can we plan opportunities where students can collaborate and make sense of the information?
Module 5 Search for Understanding
- How can we plan appropriate assessment opportunities within every day lessons to check student understanding?
Take a look at our CPD Short Course menu HERE.
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We offer competitive rates for school groups of 10 or more teachers – please get in touch for more information*
- LO's 7
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 10
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes