Online Teacher Summer Courses
Rahoo summer course programme forms an integral part of primary teachers’ continuous professional development (CPD) in Ireland.
The primary purpose of the summer course programme is to advance the teaching, learning and / or management skills of teachers in order to bring about improved learning outcomes for pupils.
The following conditions have been outlined and sanctioned by the Department of Education and Skills (DES) and agreed by ALL online providers of Teacher Summer Courses. In order to participate in an online summer course, you will need to comply with these conditions.
Please note the following carefully. If you are not satisfied with any of these criteria or have a question, please contact the Rahoo Summer Course team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must register for your summer course using your FULL NAME (your name as registered with the Teaching Council). Impersonation is a breach of your terms of service.
- You can only train on once course at a time. You MUST NOT commence a second course until you have completed your first or previous course.
- Each course on the Rahoo Summer Course programme has clearly stipulated requirements for successful completion:
- You are required to make a minimum of twomeaningful and appropriate contributions to the course forums at the end of each module throughout the course.
- To successfully complete each module, you are required to complete a minimum of one assignment that demonstrates your achievement of that module’s stated learning outcomes.
- To successfully complete the course, you are required to complete an End of Course reflective learning assignmentthat demonstrates your achievement of the courses stated learning outcomes.
- Your course will be approximately 20 hours in duration, and you are required to spend at least ten hours online, with a maximum of ten self-verified hours allowable for other learning activities
- You are required to use your full name and not a pseudo or nick name when participating in the course forums. This information will not be shared with third parties outside of the other course participants, and the staff and course facilitators employed by Rahoo Training Ltd.
- The course facilitator will review all submissions and you may be asked to resubmit if your submissions or contributions do not meet the stated requirements.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Rahoo’s course facilitators will select, at random, submissions for cross referencing with various online and offline resources to detect any evidence of plagiarism
You will be enabled to create an electronic Learning Record of your learning, comprising, at a minimum:
- Course time record
- Your six assignments (one for each module) and the End of Course reflective learning assignment)
- Your forum postings – at least two per module
(The Learning Record may also contain any meaningful and relevant reflections you may have on the course material)
- At the end of your course, you will be required to sign-off on your Learning Record, confirming the accuracy of the records provided and that the work submitted is your best effort. Please remember that impersonation is a breach of your terms of service
- On completion of your course, you are required to complete an evaluation form.
Online Teacher Summer Courses Completion
All work must be submitted by 4pm on your group finish dates.
Due to DES rules we are unable to offer extensions.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have completed your course in this allocated timeframe.
Failure to complete in the dates provided can effect your EPV certification and refunds cannot be provided.
Online Teacher Summer Courses Fees & Refunds
Our policy lasts 14 days. If fourteen days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Participants wishing to withdraw during the fourteen day period who have accessed the course will not be granted a refund.
Participants wishing to withdraw from a course after accessing the content will not be granted a refund.
No refund will be made to participants who fail complete a course.
Refunds will not be made after course group is closed.
To make an application to request a refund please contact us by emailing email@example.com using “Refund” in the subject line. To complete your refund, we require an email receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your request is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your refund request. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
An administration fee of €20 may apply.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us by using the contact form on our website using “Refund” in the subject line.