Supporting Students with Challenging Behaviour
Who is this CPD Course for?
You are a teacher who wants to understand the reasons behind a child’s behaviour.
You are a teacher who would like a better understanding of how to create clear strategies and interventions to address challenging behaviour.
You are a teacher who wants to gain confidence and competence in your own skills and using a problem-solving model to support students.
You are a teacher who wants to develop a clear understanding of how to communicate effectively with stakeholders like parents – and to overcome resistance constructively.
You are a teacher who wants to teach to the best of your ability.
This course is suitable for teachers working at primary level.
“To say I’m blown away by the content of this course is an understatement. I’ve been teaching for 8 years now and after a year of challenging behaviour, I wished I’d done this course sooner. It’s filled with practical techniques and strategies to take with you to the classroom to support pupils in every way. It forced me to reflect on my practice and empowered me to try some new techniques next year in the classroom. Highly recommend”.
By the end of this CPD Course, you will:
- Know how to build the characteristics of effective behaviour management into your teaching practices easily and quickly, instead of worrying about what to do.
- Know and understand your role in using the problem-solving model and action plan with students, instead of feeling unsure of what to do.
- Feel empowered to use the tools and resources shared in the course to communicate effectively with parents and guardians, instead of feeling unsure of how to make your points with clarity.
- Have confidence in your ability to use digital technologies to support students with SEBD, instead of lacking the confidence and know-how.
- Be able to support colleagues with challenging behaviour, instead of being unable to help or offer suggestions.
- Have clear, practical guidance on how to support students feeling the 4 main sensations of anger, fear, pain and pleasure which are behind their displayed behaviour, instead of feeling like you are clueless on how to support them.
“Excellent course that was full of really useful tips. I honestly took so much from it and look forward to completing more high quality Rahoo CPD courses throughout my career”.
Why have you created this CPD Course?
We created this CPD course because it’s important.
We’ve been there.
We know that our teacher-student relationships will make the greatest difference in supporting students with SEBD.
This course is based on the research of the course writer and teacher, Susan Gavin, undertaken during her M.Ed. with a specialism in SEBD provided by DCU (2016-2018).
This course provides you with the tools to do the very best you can.
We are passionate about professional development for teachers and have worked with over 6,000 teachers since 2017. As a teacher, you are the most important person in the classroom – you make the greatest impact on the students in front of you.
We designed this online CPD course to build your confidence in what is an important part of your practice.
“A very relevant and topical area and I found the course content very interesting with lots of practical strategies to take away and try in September”!
What is included?
Supporting Students with Challenging Behaviour – Reshaping the Classroom Approach is a CPD Course which comprises of 10 hours online learning.
This CPD course has 5 modules:
- Main Sensations
- The Problem-Solving Model
- Effective Communication with Stakeholders
- Digital Technologies to Support Students
Upon successful course completion you will receive your CPD Certificate.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Access to Private Teacher Online Sharing Area.
“The action plan guides the teacher in planning appropriate interventions when dealing with SEBD in the classroom. For example, the mountain climber technique inspires the teacher to start with a clear objective in mind and to use this to focus each part of the action plan”.
Susan Gavin, Teacher & Course Writer
Thank you for taking the time to check out this online CPD course. Feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions you would like to ask. We love hearing from you and will do all that we can to support you!
- LO's 7
- Quizzes 0
- EPV Days All levels
- Tutor Support English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes