Summer Course 2020
A Proud Collaboration with
Online Summer Course Dates
Group 1: 1st – 17th July (FULL)
Group 2: 20th July – 5th August
Group 3: 10th – 21st August
Summer Courses must be completed within the dates specified.
Online Summer Course Duration
All Rahoo Summer Courses are 10 Hours Online Learning & 10 Hours Self-Verified Offline Learning.
All Rahoo Summer Courses are approved for 3 – 5 EPV Days by the Department of Education & Skills. Successful completion of this CPD Summer Course for Teachers will result in the receipt of an EPV Certificate. Summer Courses are facilitated by a team of Professional Tutors and Summer Course Director.
“Classroom management is probably the most important element of being an effective teacher. It’s something that needs to be right before any really effective learning and teaching can take place.
Sometimes, we think classroom management is just about behaviour, but it’s really about lots of different things from relationships with the children, routines and procedures, classroom culture, rewards and consequences and behaviour is definitely an element too.
I wanted to ensure that this course would be something that everyone from student teachers and newly qualified teachers to more experienced teachers would get something from”.
Niamh Dunphy, Irish Primary Teacher.
Summer Course Description
This Summer Course is a practical course which explores key elements of effective and efficient classroom management. It covers the themes of classroom management, behaviour, classroom organisation, classroom culture and restorative practice.
This course is delivered in a practical, solution-focused, participant-led manner; and showcases effective classroom management strategies, which can then be used in the classroom.
Participants are given the opportunity to reflect on their practice and implement positive changes during the course.
Module 1 Introduction
- Where am I? We self-assess our practice using a baseline test, informed by SSE.
- What is current evidence-based best practice? We explore theory of assessment practices and the value of different methodologies.
- What is classroom management?
Module 2 Classroom Culture
- What are the features of positive classroom culture?
- How can we build a positive classroom culture?
Module 3 Routines & Procedures
- What are the key routines and procedures in place for effective classroom management?
- Where am I? We self-assess our own routines and procedures.
Module 4 Rewards & Consequences
- What are the benefits of motivation types, rewards and consequences?
- How can I adapt my practice to introduce appropriate rewards and consequences?
Module 5 Behaviour & Strategies to Support Children
- What strategies can be used to maintain positive learning behaviours in a classroom?
Take a look at our CPD Summer Course menu HERE.
If you have any further questions, contact us at email@example.com or check out our FAQ’s HERE.
* We offer competitive rates for school groups of 10 or more teachers – please get in touch for more information*
- LO's 10
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 20
- EPV Days Approved
- Tutor Support Yes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes