Work Smarter, Be Happier for Teachers – Managing Workload Effectively
Work Smarter, Be Happier for Teachers Summer Course 2020
Online Summer Course Dates
Group 1: 1st – 17th July (FULL)
Group 2: 20th July – 5th August (FULL)
Group 3: 10th – 21st August (FULL)
Summer Courses must be completed within the dates specified.
Online Summer Course Duration
All Rahoo Summer Courses are 10 Hours Online Learning & 10 Hours Self-Verified Offline Learning.
All Rahoo Summer Courses are approved for 3 – 5 EPV Days by the Department of Education & Skills. Successful completion of this CPD Summer Course for Teachers will result in the receipt of an EPV Certificate. Summer Courses are facilitated by a team of Professional Tutors and Summer Course Director.
“The past few years I have felt like I’ve lost my passion for teaching but this course has genuinely peaked my interest in finding ways to improve myself and my strategies for teaching”.
Andrea, July 2019.
Summer Course Description
This online CPD Course for teachers is practical, solution-focused, participant-led and models effective teaching and learning strategies and shares resources which can then be used in the classroom. Participants are given the opportunity to reflect on their practice and implement positive changes during the course. Past participants have said that the course was “inspiring, motivating and thought-provoking” as it gave them the tools and resources to prioritise effective learning strategies to ensure that the tasks which would have the greatest impact on teaching and learning were focused on.
Module 1 Introduction
- Where am I? We self-assess our practice using a baseline test, informed by SSE.
- What is current evidence-based best practice? We explore newly researched theory, we identify and itemise its benefits and its essential qualities.
Module 2 Assessment
- The role of effective assessment in teaching & learning and the powerful impact it can have on student achievement.
- How embedding Assessment for Learning within our practice can help us to support the development of student-led learning and enquiry.
- How can we successfully assess literacy and numeracy on a daily basis?
Module 3 Expectations & Aspirations
- How do our students know what is expected of them in terms of achievement and learning behaviours? We explore our expectations and aspirations of our students.
Module 4 Planning
- How can we plan more effectively and efficiently? We explore resources and methodologies used to promote creative and strategic planning.
- How can we implement homework as a deliberate learning activity that is central to achievement? We explore resources and methodologies used to encourage homework as an active learning approach, which is key to scaffolding knowledge and skills.
Module 5 Strategic Decision-making
- Managing and dealing with the accumulation of workload as a professional: How we can use active decision-making; prioritisation and self-care to promote smarter working approaches which benefit teachers and students?
Take a look at our CPD Summer Course menu HERE.
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQ’s HERE.
* We offer competitive rates for school groups of 10 or more teachers – please get in touch for more information*
- LO's 8
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 20
- EPV Days Approved
- Tutor Support Yes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes