Work Smarter, Be Happier for Teachers – Managing Workload Effectively
Rahoo has facilitated workshops on smarter working practices for teachers in education centres across Ireland, and digitally in 2018 and 2019. Feedback has been extremely positive.
“The past few years I have felt like I’ve lost my passion for teaching but this course has genuinely peaked my interest in finding ways to improve myself and my strategies for teaching”.
Andrea, July 2019.
The online CPD Course for teachers, “Work Smarter, Be Happier for Teachers”, is practical, solution-focused, participant-led and models effective teaching and learning strategies and shares resources which can then be used in the classroom.
As well as being hugely beneficial to working practice, this CPD Summer Course promises to be an enjoyable online course to undertake. This online course has been approved for EPV Days for primary teachers.
Work Smarter, Be Happier for Teachers course aims are to:
- lead to better quality teaching and learning, through the establishment of strategic decision-making, the prioritisation of high-quality learning strategies and smarter working practices.
- identify the benefits of reviewing the theory of newly researched approaches to teaching and learning and utilise the findings as a means of engaging with evidence-based best practice.
- facilitate and support teachers to use SSE to become more reflective practitioners and make informed decisions about their pedagogical approach.
- showcase best practice of a core set of teaching and learning approaches including effective assessment and lesson planning, including utilising ICT effectively; and active learning approaches which will revolutionize practice and improve student outcomes.
Successful completion of this CPD Summer Course for Teachers will result in the receipt of an EPV Certificate.
Managing Workload Effectively Course Learning Objectives
Module 1 – Introduction
- Where am I? We self-assess our practice using a baseline test, informed by SSE.
- What is current evidence-based best practice? We explore newly researched theory, we identify and itemise its benefits and its essential qualities.
Module 2 – Assessment
- The role of effective assessment in teaching & learning and the powerful impact it can have on student achievement.
- How embedding Assessment for Learning within our practice can help us to support the development of student-led learning and enquiry.
- How can we successfully assess literacy and numeracy on a daily basis?
Module 3 – Expectations & Aspirations
- How do our students know what is expected of them in terms of achievement and learning behaviours? We explore our expectations and aspirations of our students.
- We present a series of strategies that can be used to build a positive, student-centred, learning environment which invokes positive learning behaviours.
Module 4 – Planning
- How can we plan more effectively and efficiently? We explore resources and methodologies used to promote creative and strategic planning.
- How can we implement homework as a deliberate learning activity that is central to achievement? We explore resources and methodologies used to encourage homework as an active learning approach, which is key to scaffolding knowledge and skills.
Module 5 Strategic Decision-making
- Managing and dealing with the accumulation of workload as a professional: How we can use active decision-making; prioritisation and self-care to promote smarter working approaches which benefit teachers and students?
- LO 8
- Quizzes 0
- Hours 10
- EPV Days 10
- Tutor Support Yes
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes