“I attended the Rathú AfL Workshop and thought it was excellent”.
Liz Horgan,Principal, Sunday Well’s NS, Cork City
Workshops coming soon to:
– Clare Education Centre (13 September 2018)
– Athlone Education Centre (17 September 2018)
– Kildare Education Centre (24 September 2018)
– Kilkenny Education Centre (27 September 2018)
– Galway Education Centre (15 October 2018)
– Limerick Education Centre (18 October 2018)
– Blackrock Education Centre (22 October 2018)
– Donegal Education Centre 2pm (8 November 2018)
– Donegal Education Centre 5pm (8 November 2018)
This course is intended for teachers who want to develop their understanding and practice of Assessment for Learning. This course would also be useful for principals and other school leaders who are interested in supporting their staff to develop this important part of everyday practice effectively and / or their SSE focus is assessment.
- What is Assessment for Learning?
- How can it be used effectively?
- How can I embed it in my practice efficiently?
This workshop explores the principles and rationale of AfL, showcases high-impact strategies and shares resources that can be utilised across age ranges the very next day.
Components of AfL focused on are success crtieria, effective questioning and progress checks.
This workshop is delivered in a practical, solution-focused, participant-led manner; and models effective AfL strategies through out.
Certificates can be provided for Croke Park hours.
Rathú is proud to be part of the Pay It Forward movement by donating 5% of all tickets to our nominated charity for 2018.