There is no doubt about it… a teachers holiday package is a HUGE bonus of the job! Many pack their bags and live as nomads over the summer months and many take advantage of the opportunity to stay at home, get a few jobs done and spend time with friends and family.
Here are 10 ways to help you get the most out of your break!
1. Dedicate the time to sit and read a juicy page-turner of a book – the kind that you can’t put down!
2. Get out and about in nature – the beach, the park, your garden. Make it part of your daily / weekly routine.
3. Set a routine! If you are like us, and sometimes procrastinate, you might come to the end of the summer and feel like it ran away on you. Set a daily / weekly routine to help you make the most of your time.
4. Get up early and crack on with your day! Trust us, you will thank us when you have to start setting your alarm for school again!
5. Digital detox – try and incorporate this into your plans or you could very easily waste whole mornings, afternoons or days watching other people talk into their phones whilst sitting in their cars. Sad, but true.
6. Get fit! Use your free time to go for walks, join an exercise class or go swimming. You will reap the benefits!
7. Organise Days of Fun! Go to places you would like to visit! Bring a friend, colleague or family member!
8. When the rainy days come (and they will!) – snuggle up with a box set. Bliss!
9. Hone a skill – cooking, baking, gardening… Whatever tickles your fancy!
10. Appreciate this time you have been given. We are extremely lucky to have it.