How many courses can I do?
You can do up to 3 courses and each combination is worth a different amount of EPV days for primary teachers.
1 Course = 3 EPV Days
2 Courses = 4 EPV Days
3 Courses = 5 EPV Days
At Rahoo, once you successfully complete your EPV summer course, your Professional Tutor will issue you with an EPV Certificate – yay! You give this to your principal.
You can search courses HERE.
How can I check how many EPV days I have left to "carry over"?
Check with your school secretary or principal about how many days you have left!
How many EPV days can be taken in the school year?
However only 1 day is sub covered so it will depend on school capacity.
Read HERE for more details.
Do you have wellbeing courses?
We have two courses that fit into this category!
- Work Smarter Be Happier for Teachers is about streamlining work practices for better balance.
- Fostering Emotional Resilience & Harmony is very popular and teachers say it helps with student and teacher wellbeing.
Both courses have modules dedicated to teacher wellbeing – enjoy!
How much are EPV courses?
How long will the price be €49?
What EPV Courses do you have for teachers?
The EPV Courses on offer this year are:
- Classroom Management (extremely popular – fills up fast!)
- Effective Lesson Planning (highly recommended for NQT’s)
- Work Smarter, Be Happier for Teachers (perfect for teachers who need a workload shift)
- Assessment for Learning (an absolutely essential course for any teacher trying to get their head around formative assessment)
- Fostering Emotional Resilience & Harmony (another extremely popular course that fills up fast!)
- Differentiation (highly recommended with lots of expert contributors!)
- Supporting Students with Challenging Behaviour (an eye-opener and so practical!!)
Do NQTs get EPV days?
However, some Board of Managements allow it.
So it depends.
How do principals check you've done EPV courses?
They can check your EPV certificate!
How long are Rahoo EPV Courses?
10 hours online.
10 hours self-verified offline.
Do you have any deals for EPV courses?
Rahoo EPV Summer Courses go on sale for the Early Bird price of €49.
This means you can get:
1 EPV Course for €49 instead of €69
2 EPV Courses for €98 instead of 138
3 EPV Courses for €147 instead of €207.
When do the EPV courses run?
4 – 15 July 2022:
Group 1 of EPV Summer Courses take place
18 – 29 July 2022:
Group 2 of EPV Summer Courses take place
1 – 12 August 2022:
Group 3 of EPV Summer Courses take place
Do I need to log on at certain times?
Log in and do your work whenever you like – you just have to have it completed by the finish date!
All CPD summer courses are online – with 10 hours online and 10 self-verified hours offline. As always, we are passionate about supporting teachers make the most of this CPD opportunity in an efficient and effective way.
Can I swap my course dates?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change and swap dates. If you do not do your course in the dates allocated, you cannot get EPV approval. All courses are 2 weeks, as per DES rules. We cannot make exceptions.
Can I do my EPV courses at the same time?
According to DES rules, participants must completed one course at a time as exact dates of course completion will be noted on certificates.
Why can't we do more than one?
Just not at the same time!
If your EPV certificate dates overlap, they may not be accepted.
Teachers usually do one EPV course over 3 days and then move onto their second or third course.
Which EPV course should I pick?
That’s like asking me to name my favourite child…!
We have 7 fantastic EPV courses to choose from.
Since it’s launch in 2020, our Classroom Management EPV Course with Irish Primary Teacher has been extremely popular!
Another EPV course in high popularity is Fostering Emotional Resilience & Harmony in the Classroom.
We have two new EPV courses getting a lot of interest: